When You Need Home Siding Repair and Installation
Is your home siding looking a little dull? Do you feel like you are repainting or refreshing your siding more often than you should? If you think there is something wrong with your home siding, it may be time to repair or even replace the siding. Before storm season hits, schedule an appointment today with a reliable roofing company, like Quantum Roofing, to perform an inspection. They can look for any indications of damage and even complete quality siding repairs. Call Quantum Roofing today at 828-808-5955 to schedule an appointment for siding repair services inAsheville, NC.
When Should You Replace Siding?
Because of the way it is manufactured, vinyl siding can actually last quite a long time. That being said, life happens and homeowners can face problems with their home siding like dry rot and warping. When this happens, many want to know which is the better repairing or replacing their siding?
That decision ultimately comes down to the overall damage. If there is little damage and the general condition of your home siding is still considered good, then you will only need repairs done. If the damages are more extensive, going further than the top layers of siding, then a full replacement may be in order. When you’re deciding on siding repair, you want a residential roofer who can repair siding efficiently and reliably.
When Siding Repairs are Necessary
There are many instances when it is obvious that siding repairs need to take place, but there are also many instances when it is not. Home siding can easily get neglected or ignored as time goes on. Doing so, however, can lead to many problems and costly repairs and replacements. Generally speaking, all homeowners should look for signs of needed repairs after any major storm. Anyone can do a quick examination of their home exterior looking for things like:
- There is dry rot: Dry rotting is a major issue for homeowners. When undetected or neglected, it can result in the need for a complete siding replacement.
- Continuous repainting: A quality siding installation will hold its shape and color for about 8-10 years. But if you find you are needing to repaint your siding every 5-6 years, it may be time for a siding repair.
- Warped siding: Siding that is warped or bending can be an indicator of water damage, rot, or more. As a homeowner, doing your own regular checks of the siding is vital in maintaining the longevity of your home siding.
- Loose or cracked siding: After a major storm, 1-2 panels may become loose or cracked. This is normal, but anything more than that is a sign for concern and should be repaired as soon as possible.
- Mold, mildew, or fungus: Growths anywhere on the exterior of your home should be dealt with as quickly as possible. It can be an indication of water being held behind the siding panels, causing the growth of mildew and even mold.
Siding Repair or Replace?
At the end of the day, it is the decision of the homeowner whether to repair or replace their home siding. Siding repairs can be costly initially, but they can help save you money in the long run because you won’t have to pay for a complete replacement. That money you save can going towards a water softener installation in Asheville, NC if that is something you have been considering.
But on the flip side, repairs may not be enough to reverse any damage to the home siding and the underlying structure. Whatever your decision is, you can speak with the reliable roofing team at Quantum Roofing about siding repairs in Asheville, NC.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to fix siding on a house?
For an average sized home, clients should expect to pay around $6,800 for vinyl siding replacement. That amount does not include the cost to possibly remove and dispose of the existing siding.
What kind of siding is best?
Vinyl is one of the most well-known and popular siding options because it is low-cost, easy to install, and relatively long-lasting. For more money, homeowners can invest in siding like aluminum, steel, or stucco siding. While these options are more expensive, they can provide more protection and longevity than traditional siding.
Can aluminum siding be repaired?
Depending on the severity of the damage, aluminum siding can absolutely be repaired. But in some instances, repairs may be more costly and time-consuming than actually performing a siding replacement. Speak with a reliable roofing company, like Quantum Roofing if for any questions about your home.
How much does new siding increase home value?
New siding can increase your home value by 78.2%
Contact Quantum Roofing About Home Siding Services
If you are in the market for home siding repair for your Asheville, NC home, you can give Quantum Roofing a call! We are an experienced and reliable roofing team, dedicated to serving our community. To schedule an appointment with one of our roofs, call 828-808-5955 today!